Wenxuan Zhang (张雯轩)
Senior Algorithm Engineer (算法专家)
Language Technology Lab
DAMO Academy, Alibaba Group
isakzhang [at] gmail.com
More about me: Google Scholar / Blog Posts / LinkedIn Alibaba DAMO Academy. Prior to that, I obtained my Ph.D. degree at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, under the supervision of Prof. Wai LAM, where I conducted research on natural language processing and information retrieval.
I have broad interests in NLP and ML in general. Currently, I mainly work on the following areas:
- Multilingual NLP
- Trustworthy AI and Human-aligned LLMs
- Evaluation of foundation models
- [June 2023] We release M3Exam, a novel benchmark sourced from real and official human exam questions for evaluating LLMs in a multilingual, multimodal, and multilevel context. Paper and data are all public available now.
- [May 2023] We conducted a reality check on current large language models for various sentiment analysis tasks, the paper is available on arXiv now.
- [Apr 2023] Our tutorial "Sentiment Analysis and Beyond in the Era of Enlarged Language Models" was accepted to IJCAI-2023. Check it here!
- Alibaba Star, Alibaba Group, 2022
- ACM SIGIR Student Travel Grant for SIGIR 2020
- National Scholarship in 2016-2017, Ministry of Education of China, 2017
- National Scholarship in 2015-2016, Ministry of Education of China, 2016
- National Cyber Security Scholarship (Only 100 undergraduates in China are rewarded every year), 2017
- Outstanding Graduate of Sichuan University, SCU, 2017
- Outstanding Student of Sichuan University, SCU, 2016
- Regular PC Member (or Reviewer):
- ACL, EMNLP, ACL Rolling Review, COLING, NLPCC
- SIGKDD, WWW, WSDM
- NeurIPS, AAAI
- Journal Reviewer:
- ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS)
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)
- ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB)
- Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing (TASLP)
- Aug 2023: half-day tutorial "Sentiment Analysis in the Era of LLMs" at IJCAI 2023. [slides]
- Mar 2023: invited talk "A Survey on Aspect-Based Sentiment Analysis" at Singapore Symposium on Sentiment Analysis (S3A).
- Guest lecture "Neural models for text" for SEEM5680 Text Mining Models and Applications
- TA for ECLT5810 E-Commerce Data Mining Technique (for Msc, 2018-19 Spring, 2020-2021 Spring)
- TA for SEEM3440 Operations Research II (for UG, 2020 Fall)
- TA for SEEM3460/ESTR3504 Computer Processing System Concepts (for UG, 2018-19 Fall, 2019-2020 Fall, 2020-2021 Fall)